- 2 pounds crunchy apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Urban Pharm Apple, Rosemary, and Flowers Shrub
- 2 tablespoons rosemary simple syrup (recipe below)
Rosemary simple syrup:
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Base of choice: filo dough, pastry dough, pie dough or crust. Please feel free to make your own.
- Whipped cream
- Vanilla ice cream
- Honey-sweetened greek yogurt
- Chopped toasted pistachios
To make apple filling:
- Slice apples. A kitchen guillotine is great if you’ve got it. Otherwise, just a knife and cutting board.
- Toss apples with shrub and simple syrup. If you don’t feel like making the simple syrup, toss apples with shrub, chopped fresh rosemary (from 3 sprigs), and 2-4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Let sit.
To make rosemary simple syrup:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of water and 3 tablespoons of cane sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 3 springs of fresh–and washed–rosemary to the sugar water.
- Let steep for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove rosemary.
To make tahini layer:
- Put all ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk until smooth and possibly a bit fluffy.
To put it all together:
- Layout whatever crust you decided to use and spread tahini filling to cover, leaving 2 inches at the edges if using filo or pastry.
- Put apples on top of tahini layers, as messy or tidy as you like.
- If using filo or pastry, fold the outside crust back over the filling.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven on the lower shelf until golden and smelling amazing, likely around 50 minutes.
- Let cool and serve straight up or with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, honey-sweetened greek yogurt. Sprinkle with chopped toasted pistachios for a pop of color.